Chief Data Scientist
We are looking for a passionate and accomplished Data Science enthusiast to head our Data Science Team.
Chief Data Scientist is a leadership position in the AI department and is responsible for building, growing, maturing, and sustaining all data science capabilities.
Team building tasks:
- Create a high-performing team of Machine Learning and Data Science Engineers and Researchers.
- Manages the Data Science Team and oversees all activities ensuring alignment with departmental and business-wide vision and strategies.
- Play mentorship role to key data science positions, guiding them through the execution of their duties and encouraging their professional growth in preparation for their occupation of his position in the future.
- Build and support the right environment to enable collaboration between the data science team, big data engineering, business, technology, cloud engineering teams.
- Be accountable for all the presales, POC, and development activities of the team.
- Coordinate with business teams to monitor outcomes and refine/ improve the machine learning models.
- Conduct evaluations and assessments of new tools and technologies to ensure that the team stays at the frontier of Analytics.
- Deliver business value by translating complex data into meaningful insights.
- Be the face of the company directly interfacing with our clients around the globe.
- Use your analytical skills and deep product understanding to consult our partners and provide them with advice and input of the highest quality.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, or any other related field.
- Customer facing experience, presentation and communication skills
- At least 10 years of working experience in the data science field. Should have exposure to various modeling and analytics approaches both theoretical and practical.
- A proven and successful track record of leading high-performing data science practice.
- A proven track record of delivering and supporting machine learning based solutions in production for a diverse set of problems and industries.
- Deep understanding of analytics and data science space and understanding of new research and development is a must.
- The Head of Data Science will also need to be technologically adept and especially demonstrate an understanding of machine learning, data science, and other related fields.
- You should be a team-builder, be result-oriented, be proactive, and be self-driven. You should need minimal supervision, be open to change, be a creative and strategic thinker, have innovative problem-solving skills, and be highly organized. You should be able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks prioritize and meet tight deadlines and demonstrate calmness in times of uncertainty and stress.
- Good presentation skills; ability to organize and present information to audiences with disparate levels of technical understanding.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You should also have a business mindset, swift to identify risk situations and opportunities and be able to generate creative solutions to business problems.
You will work with smart people who love to solve hard problems, and who not only expect but also foster high performance!
If you fit the description above, we’d love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.